Registration: Email email@example.com or call 801-844-7900
SPECIAL WORKSHOP WITH GUEST PRESENTERS
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
So You Want To Buy A Business…
This seminar will be a practical session designed to help entrepreneurs who have decided it’s finally time to own a business. We will focus on concrete steps that you can take to ensure your entrepreneurial dream does not become a nightmare. Specifically, we will help you to determine what to buy (stock or assets), how much to pay, and identify specific things about the business that you should investigate.
- · Elementary principles of investment analysis (risk, return, and why cash flow matters)
- · Why it’s important to evaluate the business as an investment (not as a job or a hobby)
- · Key questions that need to be asked and answered (by business owner and/or key employees)
- · Documents you should review (or have professionally reviewed) before agreeing on a price
- · Common deal structures (asset sales, stock sales) and how each could impact the deal price
- · Basic Due Diligence: simple steps you can take to protect yourself from unscrupulous sellers.
Keith A. Pinkerton, MBA, CFA, ASA
Keith has over 20 years of experience providing economic consulting, business valuation and dispute resolution services. His practice focuses on the analysis and appraisal of closely-held companies, preferred stock, debt securities, healthcare entities and intangibles assets such as patents and trademark rights. Keith has earned an MBA from Baylor University and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the University of South Florida. Keith has earned professional designations from the CFA Institute and the American Society of Appraisers.
Nate Lining, CPA
Nate has been in public accounting since 2014. He has provided tax and accounting services primarily to closely held businesses and their owners. He also has substantial experience in business valuation, litigation, and forensic accounting, and is currently working towards the ABV designation. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Liberty University.
- · Date: Tuesday, September 22
- · Time: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- · Cost: Complimentary -but you must register to reserve a virtual “seat”
- · Place: Virtual session using Skype technology
- · Registration: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-844-7900
- · Skype Link: We will email the link to the Skype session once you register.
The workshop, “So, You Want to Buy a Business”, is offered for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal or other professional advice. Consult with an attorney or other professional concerning your own needs and circumstances. The views and opinions expressed by the speaker are not necessarily those of Zions Bank®, its parent or affiliates. Zions Bank is a division of Zions Bancorporation, N.A.,Member FDIC.